Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CheckPoint Persuasion & Conformity Scenario

A summary of my original rational would included that I believe either one of the boys are really accessible to caving into peer pressures such as drinking, drug use, skipping class, and other irresponsible behavior in a new city, but I would have to say that I believe that John’s circumstances would probably help him fall into peer pressures a little easier than Donnie. Donnie is on a path and with determination; it’s hard to persuade a person to fall off that path!

I felt that my classmate rational on both of the profiles were pretty dead on. I would defiantly agree that John would be the more likely of the two to fall into peer pressures before Donnie would. My classmate, who wrote this about each individual, seemed to really understand the effects that everyday stresses can cause on a person going through that big of a change in their life. Going off to a new school, embarking on a new journey can be trying enough, so I think determination gives Donnie the upper hand in the two. From the sounds of it, Donnie does not seem to need friends, since he only had a few, close ones in high school.


My classmate did not make me see the scenario any differently because I already agreed with most of what was said. I like the detail that my classmate went into to describe how, and why, John was more susceptible to caving into peer pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment