Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Capstone Discussion Question PSY 210

Up until I read Chapter 6 in What You Can do with a Major in Psychology, I had never really thought about what I would like to do with my degree. I think I have come to the final decision that I would like to be a clinical counselor. I am most interested in this type of counseling because I like to work with people who have issues including bereavement, learning disabilities, or even post-traumatic stress. With the clinical counseling, the good thing is I do not have to specialize in any of those types of issues because I may work with them all.
What I would need in order to pursue my clinical counseling, I would have to obtain, first, at least a masters’ degree in Psychology. Then, I would have to probably have some additional schooling, certification, supervised hours and certification exams.
My short and long term goals include first getting my associates degree and working my way up to a masters’ degree. I will obtain my certifications and do the extra required schooling when I reach that point. Pretty much whatever it takes for me to get my degree, is what I plan to do. The volunteering and the internships with little pay, they are all things that will help me in reaching my final goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment